Monday, October 11, 2010

Recipe : Hubbard Squash Soup

I have never used Hubbard Squash before, but I found a great recipe online that I modified slightly. The result? A delicious, creamy fall soup.

What You'll Need:

1 Large Hubbard Squash
5 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth
2 Cups Heavy Cream
1 Cup Milk
1 Yellow Onion
4 Cloves of Garlic
2 Ribs of Celery
Honey
Butter
Fresh Thyme
Garlic
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

What You'll Do:


 Get your squash.
Cut the squash in half.
Drizzle with honey, dice butter in the hollows, add cloves of garlic and thyme sprigs.
Take out of the oven.

 Scoop 5 cups of pulp into a bowl.
On the stove...
Add diced onion, celery ribs and olive oil into the pan and saute until soft, then add the pulp, stirring to prevent burning.
Add...
Vegetable broth and more thyme into the mixture, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer for 45 minutes.

Add cream and milk to mixture, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Puree in a blender until smooth. 


Serve!

1 comment:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious! I have a squash just like that I brought from WA - I am going to make part of it into soup real soon!

    ReplyDelete